FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: ZIMUN PRESS CORP
[UFO LANDS ON EARTH]
[Extraterrestrial object leaves trail of mystery in Antarctica]
[SOUTH GEORGIA], SANDWICH ISLANDS, Antarctica
You are about to learn some shocking new truths behind one of the most intriguing mysteries of our time. The fantasy of UFOs—a subject of intense interest to the general public—has now another puzzle to add fuel.
Here is what is known so far. An unidentified flying object has landed in the neutral zone “Marie Byrd Land”. No country has claimed the aircraft to be theirs, however the design of the spacecraft leads experts and governments to the assumption that it is an extraterrestrial aircraft. No communication has been established from the aircraft, nor has any life-forms exited the aircraft, however there is a light, flashing in a repetitive sequence. The aircraft has transformed, with a needle like structure pointing towards the atmosphere and outer space. The exact purpose of the needle is not known.
All attempts to approach the area have been unsuccessful, with reports of scientific crews in the nearby ice-core sampling stations feeling an unexplained sense of dread; and they have made a unilateral decision to turn back and cordon off a 10 kilometre area around the object.
The clearest photo taken so far, reveals little:
We know that of all UFO sightings reported, 95 percent can be explained as ordinary phenomena. However, within that remaining 5 percent, spectacular well-documented UFO events have been officially investigated, and no conventional explanations were found. UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record (Harmony Books; August 10, 2010) pulls back the curtain on the incredible occurrences of unexplained behavior by unknown objects over many decades, and the results are astonishing. Genuine unidentified flying objects are documented by government agencies, witnessed by pilots, and confirmed by Air Force generals. As stated by these authorities, they are solid, physical objects that appear to be metallic, luminous, and able to maneuver in ways that defy the known laws of physics. The evidence is insurmountable and undeniable.
Secretary General Harshil Patel went on record to confirm the crash landing of an unidentified craft in Marie Byrd Land. He expressed concern for the safety of the scientific community there and acknowledged the fact that the crash site is in neutral territory. As a result, ZIMUN has called for an emergency session and all committee meetings for tomorrow morning (Sunday, 11th March) have been suspended. All delegates are to report at 8am to the General Assembly for further discussion and action on the current crisis. The session is scheduled to begin at 8.30am.
Secretary General Salmaan Ferrand, a SETI enthusiast, provided more details to the Sunday morning session and added “Finally, they heard me!”
The Emergency Session will be chaired by:
Reena Said, Salmaan Ferrand, Panashe Mongezi, David Ulicny
Delegates of the following countries will meet and act as one delegation on the behalf of their country:
Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chad, China, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Germany, France, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Pakistan, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Kuwait, Lesotho, Malta, Mexico, Mongolia, Morroco, Mozambique, New Zealand, Palestine, Phillipines, Kazakhstan, Russia, South Africa, Senegal, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, The UK, The US, Uganda, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.
The following committees have been formed and countries’ appointed:
- The United Nations Commission on Science and Technology for Development (UNCSTD): All remaining chairs of regular committees have been assigned as international delegates of the UN to provide scientific insight and recommendations during the emergency session.
- The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs Director (UNOOSA), Simonetta Di Pippo, has appointed the delegates of: Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Botswana, Cuba, Dominican Republic, UAE and The Gambia.
- NATO has formed a special committee of the delegates of: Belgium, Denmark, Iceland, Turkey, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Poland and Latvia.
- The African Union has formed a special committee with delegates of: Niger, Nigeria, Mauritius, Equatorial Guinea and Libya
- South American Defence Council / Consejo de Defensa Suramericano (CDS) calls upon: Venezuela, Uruguay, Chile, Ecuador and, Peru
- A new council, The Emergency Council of Cultural Perspective has been formed to discuss issues relating the the potential range of cultural norms, and calls upon: Myanmar, Malaysia and Finland.
ZIMUN PRESS CORPS